Start Smart 1: Basics of Starting a Business
June 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm PDT| Free
From Registration and Licenses to Business Structure
Starting a business? It pays to have a plan. Whether you have a winning business idea, or you’re just fascinated with the idea of launching a business, this seminar delivers a beginner-friendly course on how to start your own business. As the first half of the Start Smart two-seminar package, this seminar will help you discover what’s involved in starting your own business.
Join a representative of Small Business BC, and Kimberly Grant, Synergy Business Lawyers for this informative seminar that will save you time and money.
What Will I Learn?
- An overview of the basic requirements to start a business
- Employment standards you need to be aware of
- Resources available to start-ups
- Methods to evaluate your business idea and its viability
- The basics of a business plan
- The differences between proprietorships, partnerships and incorporations