Message from Program Manager, Carmen Massey
This past week felt like a time of transition. We hear the words “recovery” and “finding our new normal” and “reopening” more often. Not knowing how our new normal will look and feel is part of the uncertain future we are facing. Pivoting to operate our businesses safely and profitably in this evolving environment is an enormous challenge. However, it is encouraging to witness organizations and individuals braving the unknown and making steps toward the future.
Tsuts’weye is supporting efforts toward recovery in the Shuswap through partnering with Community Futures Shuswap, Salmon Arm Economic Development Society, and Shuswap Economic Development to establish a community COVID Emergency Response Plan. We will be announcing programs and initiatives in the coming weeks in support of getting businesses back on their feet. Details will be available soon.
We are excited to introduce some upcoming Tsuts’weye events and programs this week:
Several Shuswap business women completed the two-day Dare to Lead and Success Principles workshop from Laura Cooke this week. Thank you, Laura, for the excellent program, and we look forward to sharing the replay link soon. Erna Stassen recorded and shared a new video with our network this week called “An Apple A Day”. Erna’s video helps us break things down into manageable pieces and face the future with a healthy outlook. You can find the link to Erna’s video on the Events and Webinars page of our website.
As we turn the corner on the pandemic and dare to peek into the future we see glimpses of hope and positivity. We also see a long and challenging road ahead. No doubt we will face experiences we have never dreamed of and will require support we hoped we would never need. We are thankful for a strong and supportive community to help us through.
We are #tsutsweyestrong.
(Especially if we keep washing our hands!)
We have a new program starting this week!
Announcing the Tsuts’weye Peer Mentoring Program!
- Kathleen Seeley, Massively Human
- Laura Cooke, Laura Cooke Consulting
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a zoom link for participation in this one-hour introductory session.
Phase I COVID-19 Emergency Economic Response Plan
We will get through this – we can provide support to assist you.
COVID-19 Supports for Women Entrepreneurs
- NEW! Government of Canada – Commercial Rent Relief – more information.
- NEW! BC Hydro – COVID-19 Relief Fund.
- NEW! Tourism Resiliency Program – Resources for Tourism businesses in the Thompson Okanagan Tourism region.
- NEW! – Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy – Click the link for more information.
- Government of Canada – Here is the link to the COVID-19 benefits programs and more resources.
- Province of BC – COVID-19 resources: Here is up to date information about resources for businesses and individuals.
- Community Futures BC – COVID-19 Business Resources.
- Small Business BC – CoVid-19 Resources – webinars and resources for small business in BC.
- BDC – CoVid-19 – Resources and support for businesses affected by COVID-19.
- Womens Enterprise Centre – CoVid-19 – Assisting women entrepreneurs through this crisis – Resources and Support.
- BC Economic Development Association – Resources for BC Businesses.
- Tourism Industry Association of BC – C-19 Bulletin – April 24, 2020