Tsuts’weye is focused on supporting women-owned businesses through this crisis so that when it is over you can get back to business as usual. We are keeping our eye on the situation and will provide other offerings in future to address needs as they emerge.
We know this situation is fluid, and is changing on a daily basis. We’d like to encourage any of our members to utilize our complimentary Business Advisory Services if you need an understanding person to talk to about your particular situation.
Whether it is a public health issue, natural disaster, or other emergencies, it is important to be prepared and ensure you have an up-to-date business continuity and disaster recovery plan. Here are some resources to assist you in your planning.
COVID-19 Supports and resources for Entrepreneurs
Payment Deadline Extension for income tax returns – Canada Revenue Agency is extending the payment due date for current year individual, corporate, and trust income tax returns, including instalment payments, from September 1st, to September 30th, 2020. Penalties and interest will not be charged if payments are made by the extended deadline. More information here
The Government of Canada, through Western Economic Diversification Canada, is providing loans of up to $40,000 for eligible women-run businesses to help businesses cope with financial hardship and recovery from economic disruption resulting from COVID-19.Women’s Enterprise Centre is pleased to provide access to this Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) to women entrepreneurs in BC. If you think your business requires additional financing to recover this could be a good option for you.This option is available for sole proprietorships, partnerships and corporations. More information here.Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy Extended to December 2020 – Information here on the new updates to the CEWS.
- Province of BC – COVID-19 resources for BC Businesses and individuals – updates as of July 29, 2020.
- Find PPE for your business to safely reopen – Small Business BC has created a Non-Medical PPE Marketplace to connect businesses with suppliers of non-medical safety equipment.
- WorkSafe BC – COVID-19 information and resources updated for safe operations for Phase 3.
- BC Economic Development Association – COVID19 Resources for BC Businesses.
- BDC – COVID-19 – Resources and support for BC businesses. Webinars for businesses resources recovery.
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) -Shuswap-Revelstoke – for resources to assist you please click here
- Community Futures BC – COVID-19 Business Resources.
- Destination BC – COVID19 Resources for the Tourism Industry – updated July 23, 2020.
- GO2HR – Restarting business operations after COVID-19 industry sector best practices guides here.
- Greater Vancouver Board of Trade – COVID19 resources and Business Reinvention Series Webinars – more information here.
- Salmon Arm Economic Development Society – Business Restart Toolkit – Resources for businesses to reopen and mo
- Small Business BC – Resources for restarting your business in the new normal.
- Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association – Tourism Resiliency Program – Resources for Tourism businesses in the Thompson Okanagan Tourism region.
- Tourism Industry Association of BC – C-19 Bulletin – July 29, 2020
- Women’s Enterprise Centre – Assisting women entrepreneurs through recovery – Resources and Support..