Tsuts’weye is focused on supporting women-owned businesses through this crisis so that when it is over you can get back to business as usual. We are keeping our eye on the situation and will provide other offerings in future to address needs as they emerge.
We know this situation is fluid, and is changing on a daily basis. We’d like to encourage any of our members to utilize our complimentary Business Advisory Services if you need an understanding person to talk to about your particular situation.
Whether it is a public health issue, natural disaster, or other emergencies, it is important to be prepared and ensure you have an up-to-date business continuity and disaster recovery plan. Here are some resources to assist you in your planning.
- Updates from the BC Centre for Disease Control
- Economic measures to support small businesses: Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
[Updated April 27th]
- Federal COVID-19 benefits program portal: Here’s how to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit and more resources. FOLLOW THIS LINK >
- NEW!! Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy opens April 27th. This wage subsidy will enable you to re-hire workers previously laid off as a result of COVID-19, help prevent further job losses, and better position you to resume normal operations following the crisis.
- BDC- CoVid-19 – 7 tips to sustain your business through the disruption – You can follow these steps to rapidly forecast your cash flow.
- Womens Enterprise Centre – CoVid-19 – Assisting women entrepreneurs through this crisis – Resources and Support
- BC Economic Development Association – Resources for BC Businesses
- Tourism Industry Association of BC – Resources for all Tourism businesses in BC
• Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19 (World Health Organization )
• PreparedBC: Guide for Small Business (Government of B.C.)
• Crisis Communications Plan (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
• Business Continuity & Recovery Plan (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
Templates and Tools
• PreparedBC: Emergency Plan for Small Businesses (Government of B.C.)
Government of Canada COVID-19 Information Service
• Phone: 1-833-784-4397
British Columbia Economic Development Association
The British Columbia Economic Development Association (BCEDA) is also deeply concerned about the impacts this will have not only on individuals, but also local, Indigenous and regional communities. The impact on businesses and the employees should be an important consideration and updated information will be sent as it becomes available. Providing accurate information during a time of heightened concern is one of the best things to do to keep misinformation from spreading. We will be providing resources that may be helpful to Local, Indigenous and Regional governments as well as businesses.
Visit our webpage https://bceda.ca/coronavirus.php for additional shared resources and continued updates.
Please contact me if you need any further information or assistance.
Carmen Massey – Program Manager – Tsuts’weye Womens Network