Indigenous Community Business Fund – Indigenous Tourism BC in partnership with Indigenous Services Canada and the Aboriginal Financial Institutions in BC are delivering a $5 million dollar Tourism and Hospitality Fund through the Indigenous Community Business Fund. More information here.
Small Business BC – Business Resources for Indigenous Businesses -Small Business BC provides resources for Indigenous business owners. More information here.
Aboriginal Entrepreneurship Program: Access to Capital – Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada – This program promotes entrepreneurship in Indigenous communities and seeks to increase the number of viable Indigenous-owned businesses. The program has 2 components: access to capital and business opportunities. More information here.
Community Futures Development Corporation of Central Interior First Nations (CFDC of CIFN) promotes and provides community economic development support services to Indigenous people within the Central Interior of British Columbia. More information here on their programs and resources for Indigenous businesses.
Women’s Enterprise Centre Support for Indigenous Women Entrepreneurs – At Women’s Enterprise Centre, they work to ensure that Indigenous women entrepreneurs have access to business support and advice to help you reach your business goals. More information here.
Join the first-ever cohort focused for Indigenous-owned businesses!! – Indigenous-owned businesses are generating incredible growth across Canada.
According to the 2016 Census, there are over 50,000 self-employed Indigenous Peoples across Canada, and over 250 Indigenous economic development corporations, which are community-owned firms designed to generate wealth and jobs for community members.
As a Community Partner of the Trade Accelerator Program (TAP), we’re delighted to support its partnership with the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) as they present this TAP cohort specifically designed for Indigenous-owned businesses.
If you are a First Nations, Métis, or Inuit-owned business that’s planning to grow with international trade, this could be a great program for you! APPLY HERE! Deadline – January 21st, 2021.
Tsuts’weye Entrepreneur in Residence Services – To access these services please complete the Client Intake Form and then send to our Entrepreneur in Residence by email.
GOVERNMENT OF CANADA updates:
- Legislation introduced for New, Targeted support to Help Businesses Through Pandemic. Business supports include:
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy – Rent and Mortgage interest support to tenants and property owners through to June 2021.
- Lockdown support – additional support through the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy.
- The extension of the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy until June 2021
More information here on these programs.
- WorkSafe BC – COVID-19 information and resources updated for safe operations for your business.
- GO2HR – COVID-19 industry sector best practices guides and support services – more information here.
- BC Economic Development Association – updates from BCEDA – dated January 7, 2021
- BDC – Resources and support for BC businesses.
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) -Shuswap-Revelstoke – for resources to assist you please click here.
- Constant Contact – Online marketing guides – a great free resource!
- Community Futures Shuswap – Business Resources for businesses in the Shuswap region.
- Destination BC – Learning Centre – Free Resources/Webinars for your business – COVID-19 Resources for the Tourism Industry – updated December 8, 2020.
- Farm Credit Canada – COVID-19 Resources for the agriculture industry.
- Greater Vancouver Board of Trade – Business Series Webinars – more information here.
- Okanagan College – Continuing Studies will be offering most of its certificate programs, corporate training services and general interest courses online and via distance education this fall. Explore online offerings courses here and also go to their continuing studies website for more information.
- Salmon Arm Economic Development Society – Latest information on business resources and more support programs from SAEDS on their website.
- Small Business BC – Back to Business Resources from Small Business BC.
- Shuswap Economic Recovery – Providing resources and support for all Shuswap businesses. Learn more.
- Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association – Tourism Resiliency Program – Resources for Tourism businesses in the Thompson Okanagan Tourism region.
- Tourism Industry Association of BC -For updated information on the Tourism Industry in BC go here.
To access these services please complete the Client Intake Form
and then send to our Entrepreneur in Residence by email