A six week program to help seasonal producers understand and develop the strategies required to grow sustainable businesses.
Developed in response to the need to support women led businesses in the Shuswap with an interest in locally grown, processed, packaged, or distributed food or artistic goods. This program will be most beneficial to support the producer or artisan who is already in business and understands the local economy and their product. You may be a micro or solo-preneur business or partnership, likely to have been hard at work for one year or more.
The program combines small business, market-ready training with hands-on tactical skills and introductions to experts in their fields for additional support.
The knowledge and skills delivered in this training program will help small businesses develop their entrepreneurial idea, gain confidence to create new shelf-stable, market-ready products. Learn how to expand a seasonal business, reach new markets and understand their current road blocks.
This development will allow entrepreneurs to confidently enter or grow their retail market and online platforms.
The curriculum will focus on:
• Business and product development to launch or expand
• Coaching and mentorship through in-person or online group meetings and weekly one to one coaching.
• Connecting with markets, retail stores, online, and e-commerce platforms
The class room training will cover:
• Business model analysis
• Value proposition design
• Customer experience and services
• Services, process and systems design
• Operating model design
• Cash flow and financial management
• Presentations from subject experts through out.
In addition, each week you will work one to one with Coach James Grieve, CMC, CEPA, MBA, Senior Business Advisor for Value Driver.
HOW DO I APPLY? I HAVE QUESTIONS?
NEXT PROGRAM START TO BE DETERMINED.