The Tsuts’weye Women’s Entrepreneur and Innovation Network is providing you with an update to let you know about a few things that we think you should know
- Update on Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy – Canadian businesses, non-profit organizations, or charities who have seen a drop in revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic may be eligible for a subsidy to cover part of their commercial rent or property expenses, starting on September 27, 2020, until June 2021. The Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) will reimburse eligible businesses up to 65% of their rent expenses, depending on how much revenue they’ve lost as a result of COVID-19. This subsidy will provide payments directly to qualifying renters and property owners, without requiring the participation of landlords. More information here.
- Indigenous Tourism Workshop – Dec. 1 – 4, 2020 – Unfortunately this workshop has been postponed. This workshop was being presented to provide an insight into the Indigenous Tourism industry and the business opportunities that are available. Indigenous community members who have considered exploring a business opportunity in Indigenous Tourism will obtain more information about starting a business in this workshop. If you are interested in attending this workshop when it is rescheduled please email email@example.com.
- Business Recovery and Expansion program – The first intake of this program will be meeting virtually now and the second intake has been postponed to start on January 11, 2021. The location and format for the second intake will be determined by the PHO regulations in January, 2021. All participants will be notified prior to the start date. Please contact Carmen Massey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- The Entrepreneur In Residence program is still in full operation. To access these services please complete the Client Intake Form on the website. All meetings will be held virtually through Zoom. If you have any questions about this program, please contact Caroline Grover email@example.com.
- And Remember – November is Free Education Month at Small Business BC!!! Free Education Month has over 25 webinars and 10 expert advisory sessions all stacked with practical info to help you start, grow or pivot your business for success. More information here.
- We are also working on new online workshops for 2021! Please check our events page in January to register for these workshops.
Stay safe everyone!